I don’t remember all of these but I can relate to probably about half of them!
01.You have at least one relative who wore a black dress every
?day for an entire year after a funeral.
02. You spent your entire childhood thinking what you ate for lunch
was pronounced “sangwich.”
03. Your family dog understood Italian.
04. Every Sunday afternoon of your childhood was spent visiting
your grandparents and extended family.
05. You’ve experienced the phenomena of 150 people fitting into 50
square feet of yard during a family cookout.
06. You were surprised to discover the FDA recommends you eat
meals a day, not seven? ? ? ? ? ? ?
07. You thought killing the pig each year and having salami,
capacollo, pancetta and prosciutto hanging out to dry from your shed
ceiling was absolutely normal. (Wow, that’s really Italian!
08. You ate pasta for dinner at least three times a week, and every
Sunday, and laughed at the commercial for Wednesday is Prince
09. You grew up thinking no fruit or vegetable had a fixed
price and that the price of everything was negotiable through haggling.
10. You were as tall as your grandmother by the age of seven.
11. You thought everyone’s last name ended in a vowel.
12. You thought nylons were supposed to be worn rolled to the ankles.
13. Your mom’s main hobby is cleaning.
14. You were surprised to find out that wine was actually sold in stores.
15. You thought that everyone made their own tomato sauce.
16. You never ate meat on Christmas Eve or any Friday for that
17. You ate your salad after the main course.
18. You thought Catholic was the only religion in the world.
19. Your were beaten at least once with a wooden spoon or
20. You thought every meal had to be eaten with a hunk of bread
in your hand. ?
21. You can understand Italian but you can’t speak it.
22. You have at least one relative who came over on the boat.
23. All of your uncles fought in a World War.
24. You have at least six male relatives named Tony, Frank, Joe or Louie.
25. You have relatives who aren’t really your relatives.
26. You have relatives you don’t speak to. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
27. You drank wine before you were a teenager.
28. You relate on some level, admit it, to the Godfather and the
Sopranos. I maka a meata ball you can’t refuse!
..forrgetttabbboutit! badda bing! ~
29. You grew up in a house with a yard that didn’t have one
patch of dirt that didn’t have a flower or a vegetable growing out of it.
30. Your grandparent’s furniture was as comfortable as sitting on
plastic. Wait!!!! You were sitting on plastic.
31. You thought that talking loud was normal.
32. You thought sugared almonds and the Tarantella were common
at all weddings.
33. You thought everyone got pinched on the cheeks and money
stuffed in their pockets by their relatives.
34. Your mother is overly protective of the males in the family no
matter what their age.
35. There was a crucifix in every room of the house.
36. Wakes would be held in someone’s living room.
37. You couldn’t date a boy without getting approval from your
(Oh, and he had to be Italian)
38. You called pasta “macaroni”.
39. You dreaded taking out your lunch at school
40. Going out for a cup of coffee usually meant going out for a
coffee over Zia’s house.
41. Every condition, ailment, misfortune, memory loss and
attributed to the fact that you didn’t eat something.
42. Those of you who get this…KNOW who to pass it on to!